In March 2016, Ecuador created a marine sanctuary in the area of Darwin and Wolf that includes 15,000 square miles as off limits to all fishing to conserve the sharks that congregate there and the ecosystem on which they rely.
32% of the waters around the Galapagos islands will now be protected from fishing.
Our goal is to provide you with the ultimate Galapagos Islands Liveaboard scuba diving experience. The GALAPAGOS AGGRESSOR™ offers a brand new itinerary in compliance with the Galapagos National Park regulations which requires companies with permits to follow the exact itinerary below. A maximum of four dives will be offered daily; two in the morning and two in the afternoon. In addition, two night dives and two land excursions per week will be offered.
The following dive schedule provided is based on tides, currents, and weather conditions.
- Thurs: Baltra Airport, Afternoon Greeting by Crew, Bus Transfer to the Itabaca Channel Canal and Boarding. Welcome, and Orientation Dive at Punta Carrion at Itabaca Channel.
- Fri: 2 Morning dives; Punta Carrion (Santa Cruz Island) or Bartolome Punta. 1 afternoon hike to Bartolome Summit and panga ride at Pinacle Rock.
- Sat: January to May:4 Dives at Wolf; 2 morning, 2 afternoon dives. June to December: 2 morning dives, 1 afternoon and 1 night dive.
- Sun: January to May: 2 morning dives at Darwin and 2 afternoon dives at Wolf.
June to December: 2 morning dives and 2 afternoon dives at Darwin.
- Mon: January to May: 4 dives at Cabo Marshall; 2 morning dives, 1 afternoon and 1 night dive. June to December: 2 morning dives at Darwin; and 2 afternoon dives at Wolf.
- Tues: 2 morning dives at Cabo Douglas and 2 afternoon dives at Punta Vicente Roca.
- Wed: 1 morning dive at Cousins Rock. Wednesday afternoon arrive at Itabaca Channel or Puerto Ayora. After lunch guests will disembark at 1 pm to go ashore for a private bus tour to see the beautiful Highlands of Santa Cruz Island. This will include a scenic view over Santa Cruz and a Tortoise Reserve to see giant tortoises.
After the hike, guests can walk through town, shop and visit the tortoise-breeding center Fausto Llerena at the Charles Darwin Research Station. Guests will have dinner ashore at a local restaurant of their choice (only meal not included in the cruise). The GALAPAGOS AGGRESSOR™ will depart at 10 pm from Puerto Ayora town to Baltra.
- Thur: Guests will have a full breakfast then check out and depart to the Baltra Airport.
Getting There, Passports & Visa Documentation:
Visitors must have a current passport, adequate funds to support themselves, and a return airline ticket. US citizens require a passport that must be valid for 6 months from date of entry. It is the travelers’ responsibility to ensure they have the proper visa to travel into each country on his or her itinerary as well as for re-entry and return to their country. Since regulations vary by country, contact your consulate or embassy of your country for the requirement.
Guests will be met by a crewmember in uniform at the Baltra Airport and transferred to the yachts. Guests will board Thursday at 1 pm. Diving on your Galapagos Islands liveaboard scuba diving trip begins Thursday afternoon through Wednesday morning. Guests will depart the yachts Wednesday after lunch for a private bus tour to the Highlands of Santa Cruz Island. Checkout is Thursday morning at 8 am after a full breakfast. Transportation is provided back to the Baltra Airport for the flight to the mainland.
Taxes & Fees:
All paid in cash. USD $100 Park fee, $20 Galapagos Visitor's Visa card, 12% Ecuadorian tax on onboard services.
Message from the President of the Galapagos Aggressor
The GALAPAGOS AGGRESSOR™ has been operating as the premier Galapagos Islands LiveAboard scuba diving yacht since 1993. The yacht was custom designed, built and equipped to offer a safe and luxury dive operation. Every two years the yacht goes through an extensive dry-dock. We have been granted permits for the Galapagos Aggressor issued by the Galapagos National Park since 1994.
We want to assure our guests that we will continue to offer luxury diving and carry on our relentless effort to preserve the Galapagos marine life. This is just an example of why Aggressor Fleet has the top diving liveaboards in the world.
President – GALAPAGOS AGGRESSOR™