|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Nile Queen :


Log Date: Saturday, Mar 02, 2019
Entry By: Aggressor Nile Queen crew


March 2nd Report 2

Day 1 – March 2nd

*At 12:00 pm, I received the four clients(guests) John/Christopher/Jessica and Thomas on the Aggressor Nile Queen. We started chatting/talking about the details of their visits, then we had lunch.

*At 3:00 pm, we started our visits on the east bank of Luxor at Karnak and luxor temples. They enjoyed the two visits, and we talked about the temples in ancient Egypt, workers, artisans, and art in general. We took photos everywhere. Then we came back to boat to have dinner. After dinner, we sat together, and we talked about the details of our visit to the west bank of Luxor planned for the next day.

Day 2 – March 3rd

*In the early morning at 6:00 am we drove directly to the west bank where we started our visits in the Valley of the Kings. The guests asked me about colors and the method the ancient Egyptians used to make color paints, and I answered in detail. Then we visited the Temple of Hatshepsut, and the Valley of the Nobles. The last visit was at the two Colossi of Memnon statues.

*We then drove to Esna where we visited the temple there, then we went back to the Aggressor Nile Queen yacht and we had lunch and continued sailing for the remainder of the day and a lovely four course plated dinner in the evening.

Day 3 – March 4th

*After breakfast at 8:00 am we left the ANQ and visited the private tombs of El-Kab where we talked about the daily life of the governors of this area during the Pharaonic and Greco-Roman periods. After the visit, we came back on board, and the tourists enjoyed sailing until we reached the city of Edfu.

*After our buffet lunch on the ANQ while sailing down the Nile, we did our visit in Edfu temple via horse carriage. The guests took pictures with the horses and feeding them.

*We came back to the ANQ yacht and they enjoyed their time in the hot tub on the deck. 

Day 4 – March 5th

*After breakfast, we visited the Ancient rock quarry site of Gebel El-Silsila, where I showed them the cavities made by the workers to cut out the huge rock pieces that were then transported up or down the Nile river to build all the ancient temples they had visited in Luxor and traveling up the Nile.  John during the visit asked me about the tools to cut the stones in ancient Egypt. I explained the ancient Egyptians had two different methods. The 1st, the workers made cavities in which they used to put wooden chips soaked with water which then dried and expanded to break the rock.  The 2nd, they used balls of dolerite to cut stones.

*We returned to the ANQ yacht and continued up the Nile river and enjoyed a beautiful buffet lunch. In the afternoon, we visited Kom ombo temple, and they enjoyed visiting the crocodile museum where they saw the mummified crocodiles from the Greco Roman time. Then we came back to the ANQ yacht,

* In the evening we all had a Barbeque dinner on the banks of the Nile river, on one of the small islands. The four tourists enjoyed the meal.

Day 5 – March 6th

*We had breakfast at 8:00 am, and we enjoyed sailing from Kom ombo to Aswan.

*We reached Aswan by noon, we had lunch. Then we started our visits in the unfinished Obelisk and Philae Temple by motor boat. The guest enjoyed it so much.

*After the visit, we came back on board, and we had an Egyptian Oriental Buffet dinner at 8:00 pm and a party with the crew to end the cruise. Later in the evening we talked about Egyptian food, and our visit to Abu Simbel the following day.

Day 6 – March 7th

*We checked out of the Aggressor Nile Queen at 5:00 am. We drove directly to Abu Simbel.  At Abu Simbel we toured both the massive temples and we watched the documentary movie talking about the relocation and reconstruction of both temples to a higher elevation when the Aswan Dam was built.

*We finished our visit at Abu Simbel, and we drove back to Aswan.

*We reached Aswan at 1:30 pm. We visited the high dam south of Aswan, then we had lunch.

*At 4:15 pm we drove to Aswan airport for both John and Christopher to catch the domestic flight from Aswan to Cairo.

*We then drove back to Luxor with Jessica and Thomas. We reached Luxor at 9:00 pm and we dropped them to the Hilton Luxor Hotel. They thanked me for the nice moments that we had spent together during the visits. They promised me that they will come back as soon as possible.